On 1 July, the Gascoyne Food Council hosted around 40 media, chefs and VIP’s at an official launch event for the upcoming Gascoyne Food Festival at Yagan Square in Perth.
Chef Stuart Laws of Showcase Events WA will play a large role at this years festival, taking part in three key events including the Taste of the Gascoyne Sunset BBQ, Long Table Lunch and Australia’s Biggest BBQ at the World’s Biggest Rock at Mount Augustus on September 8. Here guests can enjoy delicious outback beef, cooked on Australia’s biggest BBQ (made specially for this event) served with fresh local produce, in an extraordinary setting.
Confirmed chefs for the festival include:
• Stuart Laws - Showcase Events
• Lucas Fernandez - Long Chim
• Matthew Nebel - Arthur & Co
• Dean Wood - Taylor St Quarters
• Nathan Thomas - Laundry 43
• Gurpreet Bagga - Sauma
• Jason Beste - Supper Road
• Melissa Palinkas - Young George
• George Cooper - Food By The Chef
• Don Hancey - WA Food Ambassador
You can see all the festival events here.