Welcome to The Grange on Kalgan, a unique heritage bed & breakfast experience which is located just 22kms from the city of Albany.
When you arrive you will see beautiful blue fairy wrens and western rosellas flitting about in the gardens along with the stunning vistas before exploring everything that this family run farm has to offer set in a delightful location overlooking the peaceful Kalgan River Valley.
Upon arrival you will also be offered a complimentary glass of local wine and guided tour of the landscaped gardens to discover more about the history of the Kalgan area and the property.
We have a wonderful range of attractions on our 12.5 acre property which features extensive landscaped bird attracting gardens and water features together with an extensive organic orchard and vegetable garden. Our guests are welcome to feed some of the farm animals which include sheep, alpacas, chooks, ducks and peacocks. Watching the kangaroos foraging in nearby paddocks is one of the truly special experiences of a visit to The Grange on Kalgan.
Some unique characteristics and qualities about this accommodation include:
- We are pet friendly so dogs are welcome
- As noted above upon arrival you will be offered a complimentary glass of a local Great Southern wine and guided tour of our landscaped gardens
- Being a farmstay our guests are welcome to feed some of the farm animals which include sheep, alpacas, chooks, ducks and peacocks
- Close proximity to the Kalgan River offers a number of excellent outdoor activities with canoeing, fishing, swimming and hiking
- Facilities are available such as laundry, private bathroom, north and west facing verandas, free parking, wifi and non smoking
- You are welcome to enjoy our large outdoor entertaining area with BBQ facilities (see note below)
- Facilities also include formal living and dining rooms with a wood fireplace
- You are welcome to partake in a glass of port or sherry from the range we offer
- Tea and coffee making facilities are located both in the formal dining room and the king sized bedroom
Our 1 Bedroom Suite features a King sized bed and ensuite bathroom, with a private deck and sweeping westerly views over the Kalgan River valley. Tea and coffee making facilities are included in the room together with a small fridge. Maximum occupancy is 2 people.
Our 2 Bedroom Suite features a King size bed and a Queen sized bed with a shared bathroom. Maximum occupancy is 4 people and will suit a family or 2 couples travelling together. Tea and coffee making facilities are included in the King size bedroom together with a small fridge.
Our rooms are airconditioned and heated in winter. The formal lounge has an “old fashioned country” feel with TV facilities and a wood fire included.
Our Bed and Breakfast guests are treated to a delicious country continental gourmet breakfast (featuring a range of local produce) daily in our delightful dining room. We use our farm fresh eggs to prepare an amazing vegetarian omelette.
The formal dining room also has a quaint “old fashioned country” feel with French doors that open onto the veranda. Tea and coffee making facilities are included in the room together with a small fridge. You are also welcome to partake in a glass of port or sherry from the range we offer.
Evening meals are not provided however we are only 20kms from town where there are numerous dining out facilities.
Self Contained Farmstay
Our Self Contained Farmstay features the two bedroom accommodation as noted above, as well as self contained facilities including access to kitchen facilities, large living area, laundry facilities and you are also welcome to enjoy the large outdoor entertaining area with BBQ facilities. Maximum occupancy is 4 adults (children may use the mattress if required) and will suit a family or 2 couples travelling together. Entire farmstay accommodation does not include daily breakfast. Please note a small part of the house is private as host lives in a separate area of the house.
The Grange on Kalgan is a unique heritage bed & breakfast, farmstay experience. We offer a 1 Bedroom Suite for up to 2 people or a 2 Bedroom Suite with shared bathroom for up to 4 people.
Continental Breakfast included daily.