Welcome to Kirkalocka Station Stay!
For outback history, genuine outback hospitality and an outback landscape full of amazing plants & animals - all within 500 metres of the Great Northern Highway. We are accessible from all directions and five and a half hours' drive from Perth and full Telstra mobile phone coverage is available.
We provide a range of accommodation options for travellers and visitors. The Shearers' Quarters are central to our tourist precinct and camping area.
Accommodation is provided here in double, twin or single rooms. Caravans usually park close to the verandahs to access 240v power. As there is plenty of space, there is no need to unhook your van. All the usual amenities are here - ablution blocks, a BBQ/communal meeting area, together with a fully equipped kitchen and dining, complete with the original Metters wood stove.
The gracious old Homestead is lovingly maintained and furnished. Again, a fully equipped kitchen and barbeque facilities are available.
There is plenty to do - explore the station surrounds, visit the 'Mud Hut Museum', and walk to 'The Creek', our watering hole which has been attracting travellers and supporting birdlife for decades. Meet the station pets, watch the sun set and enjoy the sky at night. This is a true outback experience!
You will be warmly welcomed. Hosts Jared & Blair Ridley will ensure a memorable stay.
- BBQ dinner pack available for purchase with prior arrangement (comprising of delicious Mt Magnet butcher BBQ meats with salad of the day and garlic bread)
- Breakfast pack also available
- Pets welcome, but not in rooms or kitchens!
- When booking meals or serviced rooms, children are half price
- Caravans, Camper trailers and Tents are always welcome!
- $30 van per night | Campers $30 tent or unit per night the more the merrier, no extra per person charges!
- The Quarters consist of 7 separate rooms. Perfect for families, groups of friends, parties of birdwatchers, car clubs, school camps and art groups.
- Many people in transit from the north-west stop overnight, campers from The Canning Stock Route and elsewhere enjoy a comfortable bed.
There are two Double rooms in the Homestead and four single or twin rooms. All linen is supplied.
- Shared bathroom and two separate toilets.
- Extras include TV, wood fires, formal dining room, extensive gardens and wide verandahs - a charming old outback homestead!
We may not always be right near the phone, however all messages and emails will be attended to promptly. We welcome your queries regarding travel plans and bookings. We are also pleased to advise on local weather and road conditions to ensure a safe journey.