Free 72 Hour RV Camping in the Shire of Narrogin
The Shire of Narrogin is pleased to provide travellers a Recreational Vehicle Free Stay Area in both the townships of Narrogin and Highbury. Approved Recreational Vehicles are permitted to stay in the locations as described below.
The Narrogin Recreational Vehicle Free Stay area is located on Fairway Street in the Old Goods Shed Yard. Free Recreational Vehicle parking is permitted to the south of and no closer than 20 metres of the Old Goods Shed.
The Highbury location is on the eastern side of Great Southern Highway opposite the Highbury Store. Parking is permitted to the north and south of the public conveniences, within 100 metres of the conveniences.
Camping on any other portion of these grounds is strictly prohibited.
Hours of use
- Recreational vehicles may use these areas for 72 hours only.
- The time frame between one period of stay and the next period by the same Recreational Vehicles is 5 consecutive nights.
Types of vehicles allowed
Recreational Vehicle (RV) means purpose-built recreational vehicles, caravans, buses, coaches or other types of vehicles primarily designed and constructed to provide occupancy to a person or persons that are licensed to operate on a road. A recreational Vehicle using this area must be fitted with an operable integrated black water waste system with a holding tank within the RV. The RV must also have a grey water waste system fitted with the system being capable of capturing greywater without it being deposited on the ground (an integrated holding tank is not required). Greywater capture must be disposed of off-site.
- A maximum of 10 Recreational Vehicles is permitted at either location.
- Constructing, erecting or maintaining a fixed annex is not permitted whether or not attached to an RV or otherwise, where poles or other means are used to fix an annex to the ground, a tree or other fixed point. (Annexes that do not require fixing to the ground, and that form part of the RV, are permitted).
- Clotheslines external to an RV are not permitted.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept leashed.
- Please note that rubbish bins are not provided, please take your rubbish with you.
- No camp or open fires are permitted.
Nearby Dump Points
- A free dump point is located at the Dryandra Country Visitor Centre located at the corner of Fairway and Park Street Narrogin.
- A dump point is available for use at the Narrogin Caravan Park, (fees apply).
Extended Stay Local Accommodation
80 Williams Road, Narrogin
Tel: 0427 478 333
Sites available for short-stay | Camper’s kitchen | Recreational facilities | Hot showers | Dump station | Laundry | Wheelchair access