Welcome to Woody Island.
Woody Island Eco Tours is the official operator of the island's facilities. Our friendly staff look forward to welcoming you to our slice of paradise, where they will endeavour to help you create a most memorable experience.
Rich in history, Woody Island is one of the 105 islands in the Recherche Archipelago located just 15km off the coast of Esperance, Western Australia.
The island is ideally situated to provide you and your family/friends/colleagues with a day trip adventure!
Equally, the facilities and accommodation available make it a great opportunity to take your time and relax, spend a few days and really soak up the natural and unique island environment.
Start your Woody Island Adventure with a 40-minute ferry ride showcasing our favourite spots, where, you could see white-bellied sea eagles, dolphins, sea lions and seals at play.
Delicious morning tea on the deck of our visitor’s centre looking out over Shearwater Bay awaits you upon arrival.
Enjoy the serenity before you explore the delights our island has to offer.
- Stretch your legs with an informative guided tour along our walking trails, hear about the history while discovering the local wildlife on our unique Nature Reserve.
- Snorkel with the abundant marine life in our bay
- Try your hand at fishing off our jetty
- Or just sit back and relax, unwind and take in our views
- Cap-off your Woody Island Adventure with a refreshing drink at Black Jacks Bar (fully licensed) or a bite to eat from the waterfront kiosk.
Ferry prices from
Ferry Adults $95 | Concession $80 | Student (13-17 yrs) $68
Children (2- 12 years) $55 | Infants (under 2 year) Free
• Return ferry transfers | entry fees to Woody Island
• Guided walk | morning tea
- 48 seater vessel departs Monday to Sunday
- Departs Esperance at 9am sharp from Taylor Street Jetty (check in at 8.45am)
- Arrives back in Esperance at 2pm
Departs Esperance at 9am sharp from
Taylor Street Jetty (check in at 8.45am)
Arrives back in Esperance at 2pm
*Weather and numbers permitting