Born and raised in the Goldfields region of WA, Vattessa Colbung is a contemporary Aboriginal artist and writer. Her new children’s book, William Wijity: The Life Cycle of The Witchetty Grub, has been translated into Ngaanyatjarra language to keep the connection to Indigenous culture alive.
William Wijity is a children's book that has bold colourful pictures. Written in both English and translated into traditional Ngaanyatjarra language, the book was launched NAIDOC Week 2018 in Kalgoorlie as part of the “Because of Her we can” theme.
It is both cultural and contemporary for pre-school and early primary students. It incorporates both languages and gives the life cycle of the witchetty grub from a different concept.
Where can I purchase William Wijity
- Crow Books 1-900 Albany Hwy East Victoria Park, WA 6101
- Goldfields Aboriginal Language Centre 264 Hannan St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
- Great Beyond Visitor Centre 5 Augusta Street LAVERTON WA 6440
- Hon. Kyle Mc Ginn 241 Hannan Street Kalgoorlie WA 6430
- Kalgoorlie Boulder Visitor Centre 316 Hannan St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430
- Le toboggan 78 Lesueur Pass, Beeliar Perth WA 6164
- Riley Callier Resources 6 Iluka Street, West Woombye QLD 4559
- Museum of the Goldfields 17 Hannan St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430