The Ravensthorpe Wildflower Show & Spring Festival continues to be a celebration of the natural rugged beauty of its region. A tribute to the floral diversity and abundance of the Shire of Ravensthorpe on the South East Coast of WA never ceases to amaze and inspire amateurs and experts.
The Wildflower Show showcases the brilliance of native flowers 600-700 botanically identified specimens on display, picked under license, by dedicated volunteers, botanically identified with the help of experiences botanists.
Spring Festival Programme of Events
The programme of events keeps on growing and diversifying just like our flowers that adapt to the environment in which they live, offering an opportunity for visitors to become immersed in the abundant wildflowers, and a vibrant community of Ravensthorpe,, Hopetoun & Jerdacuttup.
- Art exhibitions & workshops
- Galaxy Country Carnival with street parade, fireworks, markets stalls & demonstrations, High Tea Fashion
- Guided Walks in the Fitzgerald River National Park with the rangers of the park
- Guided walk to the top of East Mt Barren with the Rangers of the park
- Wildflower Hot Spots bus tours
- Self guided tour maps available
- 4WD Tag a Long tours with expert guides John Tucker Naturalist
- Nathan McQuoid (Landscape ecologist) & Martin Gole Geologist
- Nature Walk with Zoologist Andrew Chapman
- Marine Walk
- Snake bite courses
- Photographic exhibitions
- Bee keeping
- Orchid hunts
- SILO ART trail leads to Ravensthorpe. CBH Silo Art by Amok Island follow signage for viewing silos
- Don’t Miss:
- Devonshire Teas & Hot Country style soups hosted by community groups daily in the historic Red Room.
- Pop up shops
- ong Table Lunch Jerdacuttup 22nd September a great spot to hunt for orchids.
EVENT UPDATE AUGUST 2019
VENUE Ravensthorpe Town Hall Dunn Street look for signs. 9am-4pm daily $5 entry. Parking for Caravans / Coaches, Tours welcome, Soup Lunches and Devonshire teas daily.
The Ravensthorpe Wildflower Show will be a vibrant celebration of the amazing flora the South East Coast of Western Australia has to offer. The show is internationally recognised as one of the best in the world. Ravensthorpe Regional Herbarium is open for guided visits.
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience wildflowers in their natural state around the Shire and in the Fitzgerald River National Park 15km west of Hopetoun, which offers spectacular wildflowers, stunning coastal drive, sealed roads.
BBQ, picnic & Toilet facilities.
An Additional interest in the shire is: Kukenarup Memorial (State Heritage award for 2016) a project that was 8 years in the making by the Ravensthorpe Historical society and the Noongar people, an interpretive memorial and it is believed to be one of only two in Australia, just 15kms West of Ravensthorpe on south coast highway, it has a covered area; an informative and historical site with wildflowers; follow the brown signage.
Further information available at www.wildflowersravensthorpe.org.au or Sue Leighton 0407 981 301
Ravensthorpe offers an opportunity for visitors to become immersed in the abundant wildflowers, and a vibrant community
35 Dunn Street
Ravensthorpe WA 6346
- Admission $5.00 adults
- Children free
- Wheelchair access available
Imagine the volunteer hours that have gone in to this set up and display!? This was during set up so not the finished product. Over 600 specimens on offer. Be sure to call in! . . . . . #ravywildflowers #volunteer #volunteers #ravensthorpe #wildflowers #flowershow #wildflowershow
A post shared by Ravensthorpe Wildflower Show (@ravensthorpewildflowershow) on