Bilya Rock is an 18 hectare Government Reserve. It is situated 5km west of the Gutha turnoff, on the main Morawa-Mullewa Highway, and is approximately 30km north of Morawa.
Bilya Rock is a large granite outcrop, surrounded by bushland which makes it an enjoyable place for a bush walk, or picnic, in the winter and spring. The origin of the name is not known, but is possibly derived from Aboriginal language, as are many district names.
A cairn is standing on Bilya Rock. The cairn is reputed to have been placed there by John Forrest, as a trigonometrical survey point, in the 1870’s. In 1871 John Forrest was appointed as a Government surveyor for the Victoria District. His name, and a date were carved in a york gum pole atop of the cairn, and many residents of the Gutha district still remember seeing this pole before the white ants demolished it after the 1940’s.