The town of Boddington is fast becoming a popular location for day trips, weekends away or a picturesque stop along the road.
Located 90 minutes from Perth and Mandurah, and just 15 minutes off Albany Highway, Boddington has so much to explore, including playgrounds, native wildlife, and sculpture, mountain bike, and walking trails. There is something for everyone! Boddington offers a chance to unwind and take in the mesmerising scenery.
- Enjoy adventure at Hotham Park where smaller children can explore the nature playground while older kids experience thrill on the flying fox, pump track, skate park, and half court.
- Relax with a picnic on the banks of Hotham River Foreshore and take in the stunning views. The Foreshore complete with public BBQs, shady picnic benches, rotunda, and public toilets.
- Spot native bird life and long necked turtles at Boddington Lion’s Weir. The Hotham River was dammed in 1980 to commemorate two boys who drowned. The Weir provides a year round haven for water birds and fish. The fish ladder (series of rock pools) was built adjoining the wall to enable fish to swim upstream in the spawning season.
- Take a dip in Ranford Pool (Darminning). Ranford Pool is the site of the old Tannin Factory operational in the early 1970s. The local Friends of the Reserve have created an easy 2km walk trail that starts from the Lion’s Weir and takes you along to Ranford Pool.
- Held on the first Saturday of November every year since 1976, the Boddington Lions Rodeo is recognised as the largest Rodeo in Western Australia. The Rode draws huge crowds to Boddington who come to enjoy a spectacular weekend with something in store for everyone.
- Stroll along the Sculpture trail in Boddington. Explore the sculptures throughout town and discover their unique stories, some showcase the rich history of Boddington, some tell a more personal story from the artist’s life, others are interpretive and allow you to find your own meaning within the sculpture.
Boddington offers a range of accommodation options to suit your budget including a caravan park, hotel, motel, farm stays and self-contained cottages, all conveniently located just a short walk away from the Visitor Centre, state-of-the-art Hotham Park, public swimming pool, nature trails, local cafes, petrol stations and IGA.
There is a free 48-hour RV camping area for self-contained RVs available at Memorial Park, off Bannister Road, conditions apply.
Visit www.discoverboddington.com.au for more information about Boddington.