Pingelly was settled from the 1860’s, and the Shire is a rich and diverse cropping and grazing agricultural region contributing significantly to the state’s wool and grain exports. Visitors can get rare insights into Western Australia's rich colonial heritage here at Pingelly. The Moorambine Heritage Trail starts at St Patrick's Church, built in 1871 and still in use today. The Court House Museum was built in 1897 and it now houses historic photographs and local memorabilia.
Just 26km north-west of Pingelly on the western edge of the Central Wheatbelt, the Boyagin Nature Reserve is an important remnant of natural bushland offering picnic and bushwalking activities.
Pingelly Community Craft Centre
Call into the Pingelly Community Craft Centre for a chat and a cup of tea and obtain tourist information. While here you can purchase local art and crafts, gift lines, souvenirs, and book and pay for overnight stays at the caravan park. Open 7 days from 9.30am.
Pingelly Community Resource Centre
Pingelly CRC offers a wide range of services, including Pingelly Public Library, public access internet facilities, printing, desktop publishing, fax and email services to name a few. Drop in and meet the friendly staff!
Pingelly Court House Museum
Built in 1897 by J. R. Quigley for 847 pounds the building opened on 20 January 1898 first serving as a School House. It later converted into a Court House in 1906 and was used for this purpose until 1977.
In 1979 the building underwent a transformation and became the Court House Museum and now houses a fantastic collection of old memorabilia and photographs of yesteryear. Open Tue and Sat from 10am – 12pm. For after hours viewings telephone 0419 163 260 or contact the Pingelly Community Resource Centre on (08) 9887 1409.
Perfect rest stop for the traveller to stretch their legs with free BBQ facilities, picnic area and playground offering disability friendly public conveniences.
Offers panoramic views of the town and countryside. Access off Balfour Street.
Cross on the Hill
This 15 metre tall cross was erected by a local farmer and is illuminated by night symbolising peace and hope.
Moorumbine Heritage Townsite and St Patrick’s Anglican Church
Located 8km east of Pingelly, Moorumbine was originally settled in 1864. St Patrick’s was consecrated in 1873 and is still in use today.
Boyagin Nature Reserve
Located 26km north-west of Pingelly. Boyagin Nature Reserve is a designated flora and fauna reserve with picnic, bushwalking activities and wildflowers in season. Boyagin Rock rises 50 metres above the surrounding countryside.
Tutanning Flora and Fauna Reserve
Located 22.5km east of Pingelly, impressive displays of wildflowers in springtime. Bunk accommodation available at the Percy Marshall Study Centre. Enquiries through DPaW Narrogin Tel: (08) 9881 9200.
Located approximately 50km from Pingelly with over 100 bird species and 24 mammals, Dryandra Woodland offers one of the best chances to view native animals in their natural habitat
Farmstay, hotel and motel and Pingelly Caravan park accommodation is available.
For more information about Pingelly visit www.pingelly.wa.gov.au