The Wyalkatchem CBH Museum is a fine collection of agricultural history and memorabilia related to life in the central wheatbelt during the twentieth century containing over 500 items on display, including some very rare tractors restored to original condition.
Situated on a heritage railway site in the main street of Wyalkatchem, the main museum building is a 1936 “K” type wheat bin which is believed to be the oldest in preservation; alongside this are a series of purpose-built display buildings and a new addition is the recently completed Community Resource Centre – “The Bushel”.
Since opening in 1981 a committed team of locals have accumulated a huge collection of general memorabilia, tractors, dozers and agricultural equipment, stationary motors, army/medical displays, vintage motor vehicles and hundreds of other artefacts from a long-forgotten era.
Amongst the big boys' toys and pride is the fully-restored 1914 John Deere “Waterloo Boy” tractor along with many other working tractors, stationary engines and other agricultural machinery.
Exhibits include “as is” displays along with restored and operational equipment, premium examples of over a hundred years of agriculture and transport in Australia.