Munglinup is located between Ravensthorpe and Esperance on Western Australia's Fitzgerald Coast. It is approximately a seven hour drive south east of Perth. The town’s beach and reef are ideal for safe swimming and snorkelling, it also boasts picturesque views of the winding inlet and a small boat access for those keen to fish for local salmon, skippy, herring, salmon trout and gummy shark.
The town of Muglinup is the gateway to the magnificent Fitzgerald River National Park. As one of the most biodiverse conservation areas in Western Australia, it puts on a truly breathtaking show of wildflowers in spring.
- Take a canoe or follow the bushland walking trails along the pristine Oldfield Estuary, where you can see wildflowers in spring and spot rare birds at Lake Shaster.
- Visit the art and craft gallery, a unique building situated on a typical farming property just eight kilometres east of town.
- Discover an untouched wilderness of mountains, river valleys and coastline at Fitzgerald River National Park - most of the park’s trails are accessible by two wheel drive and all four wheel drive tracks are signposted. Roads in Fitzgerald National Park can be closed at times, information is available from the Rangers Office on (08) 9838 3060 or the local visitor centre.
- Explore 200 kilometres of pristine white sandy beaches and rugged headlands along this stunning coastline. You can even camp in designated areas.
- Head for the viewing platform at Point Ann and look for migrating whales in season.
- Follow one of the many scenic self drives and walks, taking time to visit the many lookouts offering panoramic views of the mountain ranges and stunning coastline.
Munglinup Beach forms a lagoon that is protected by a reef and you can swim or snorkel, enjoy the underwater world or just relax on the beach. Munglinup Beach Holiday Park offers quality holiday accommodation facilities in natural surrounds and is opposite the Oldfield Estuary. Maps and local area information are available at the reception. For Munglinup information visit fitzgeraldcoast.com.au
Fitzgerald Coast Visitor Guide
The Shire of Ravensthorpe produces a visitor guide for the Fitzgerald Coast and you can download the PDF here.